Job opportunity with PEPANZ: Office and Events Manager
PEPANZ is a New Zealand organisation representing the interests of upstream oil and gas producers and service companies.
Due to an international move, we are seeking a dynamic office manager to replace our departing team mate. This role stretches from routine office management and executive support through to event management and financial planning.
To develop and implement a smooth running office environment supporting the ambitious goals of the team at PEPANZ. Being a small team, this role stretches from highly challenging financial and managerial responsibilities through to the more basic tasks of answering the phone and diary management. This role is the pivotal point of the organisation ensuring not only proper administration but also managing any loose ends to ensure the organisation runs efficiently.
• Manage the PEPANZ accounts using XERO accounting software.
• Support the Chief Executive and two Senior Managers.
• Administer the stakeholder base of the organisation.
• Drive growth in membership.
• Accommodating and hosting guests.
• Co-ordinate collation of documentation - board papers, monthly/annual reports, proposals and presentations in a timely and highly professional manner.
• Manage all operations of the office.
• Arrange conferences, team meetings/events, board meetings, functions, seminars, hui, summits etc according to the annual plan
• Travel arrangements.
• Liaise with IT service providers.
• Well documented history as an office manager/personal assistant.
• Background in management of business accounts.
• A university degree or relevant tertiary qualification.
• References that will attest to an overarching positive impact on the team environment.
• Experience with XERO would be an advantage but is not a requirement.
• Highly motivated, honest and reliable with energy and a 'can-do' attitude - no job is too big or too small.
• Able to work independently and take ownership for the deliverables of the role.
• Sound understanding of the principles of accounting.
• Outstanding people skills since most of the work is assisting other people, not only face to face but also over the phone.
• Computer literacy, particularly with spread sheeting and word processing software.
• A genuine team player attitude and the ability to get on with people from all walks of life is a priority.
• Ability to form strong trusted relationships.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Acute attention to detail and able to operate with a high degree of accuracy.
• Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Be flexible and able to pick up new skills.
A competitive salary is offered commensurate with skills and experience.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please email your cover letter and a copy of your CV to: [email protected]: Applications close, 7 October 2013.